Northwest Treasure Hunters Club

SAND SCOOP

SAND SCOOP
« on: April 05, 2016, 09:05:13 AM »
 I had to go to California to deal with some personal matters, when I got there I realized that I had left my sand scoop at home .  :( so I went to a local feed store and bought a two quart plastic feed scoop, took it to my brothers house,and with the biggest drill bit that he had drill holes in the bottom and sides . it worked pretty darn good . still had to bend down to get the target ,but not bad in a pinch.
e-track , Excalibur II ,x-5,sea hunter II , mark IV eyeball.

Offline Sweeper

• Sweeper
    • Northwest treasure Hunters Club
Re: SAND SCOOP
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 11:12:01 AM »
I had to go to California to deal with some personal matters, when I got there I realized that I had left my sand scoop at home .  :( so I went to a local feed store and bought a two quart plastic feed scoop, took it to my brothers house,and with the biggest drill bit that he had drill holes in the bottom and sides . it worked pretty darn good . still had to bend down to get the target ,but not bad in a pinch.

Good idea in a pinch, I will bet it did work good and inexpensive to huh? I mite pick one up for an extra also.
 Sweeper
Sweeping for treasure with my Garrett Gold stinger, GPX Stryker mx 400, Bounty Hunter, Deteknix Xpointer.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 08:10:33 AM »
yeah,it was only 6.00 bucks ,with the clad that I found , the two days that I got to hunt it almost paid for  itself .
e-track , Excalibur II ,x-5,sea hunter II , mark IV eyeball.

Offline Sweeper

• Sweeper
    • Northwest treasure Hunters Club
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 01:11:35 PM »
 det2 way to go man, was worth it by fare. Mine is almost ready I just have to get some rivets to put it together.  It should work pretty well, I like it and it only costs me about $10.00 for materials (MAP gas and aluminum rods mostly).

I have to go somewhere where the water is a little lower to test it but the upcoming day's look great for getting out there and trying it out. Will have to wait a couple days for my back to feel better but when it does, look out sand. digg
 Sweeper
Sweeping for treasure with my Garrett Gold stinger, GPX Stryker mx 400, Bounty Hunter, Deteknix Xpointer.

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 05:14:55 PM »
 yeah i made a scoop from a large ice machine scoop.it was tough drilling the holes in the stainless but it turned out good.

Offline Suspect

• protect me from my friends I can handle my enemies
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 10:58:53 PM »
Quick thinking! McGiver.