Northwest Treasure Hunters Club

Parks Closing

Offline Packrat

• Detecting since 1971 Club member since 1973
Parks Closing
« on: May 27, 2017, 06:05:03 AM »
Just  heard that Seattle is closing all parks to detecting. Spokane may not be far behind. We need to get back to having a better relationship with the city officials Any volunteers to get this going
If you have questions about the club ask me and I will get you the answers

Offline Packrat

• Detecting since 1971 Club member since 1973
Re: Parks Closing
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 07:11:17 PM »
Kind of disappointed that no one has made any comments on this post. This is pretty important 
If you have questions about the club ask me and I will get you the answers

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 09:58:04 AM »
Kind of disappointed that no one has made any comments on this post. This is pretty important

I think the action taken by Seattle Parks and Rec needs to be researched deeper to find out why! Yes, I think it could happen to us at any time and we certainly could use an insider  working with the Parks Dept from our club to bring good will for metal detecting in parks. I think it should be brought up at the next meeting and volunteers be sought to work with the Parks Dept.

Offline silly

• Detecting since 1991
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 08:57:47 AM »
I agree that it would be good to bring this up at a meeting and see if we could get some members to be in contact with the parks department to keep everyone informed on any kind of information that they know and to remind them of our clubs rules/ethics.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 11:34:12 PM »
I have been detecting the parks for years and have had no problems.  I've had park employees follow me and watch how I dig and ask questions about it.  Most of them were satisfied on my techniques.  They have asked me to leave sprinkler heads uncovered and I do.  A couple of times they have requested help finding sprinkler heads and I've worked with them for hours finding them.  One time a worker asked me to try to locate a specific sprinkler head in a 25 yard radius.  It toook 2 hours to find it, but I also dug a silver ring and a Merc.

Users Online Users Online (9)
Members Baidu