Northwest Treasure Hunters Club

Spokane WWII POW Camp

Spokane WWII POW Camp
« on: November 16, 2016, 09:02:58 PM »
Spokane had a large medical surgery unit which was almost two miles long.  In that camp they had a POW camp that held 70 German soldiers that were used as orderlies in the hospital.  The Unit was where the VA hospital is now.  The POW camp was in the Southern most area.  My question is has anybody found and hunted this area?

Re: Spokane WWII POW Camp
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 07:19:42 AM »
there was also a  p.o.w. camp  at Farragut state park in Idaho.
e-track , Excalibur II ,x-5,sea hunter II , mark IV eyeball.

Offline silly

• Detecting since 1991
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 10:04:54 AM »
I have not hunted this area myself, but remember everyone,  where ever we detect, we must not dig holes.  We must leave the area looking as it was not disturbed.  I have gone to areas that one can easily see that someone had metal detected there. In order to keep the chances to metal detect, we must NOT leave any kind of holes!!  Also remember to get permission to detect on any private areas!

Offline Packrat

• Detecting since 1971 Club member since 1973
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 08:16:33 AM »
Good reminder Silly.  It is one of the main rules of club membership. No holes and have permission 
If you have questions about the club ask me and I will get you the answers

Offline Suspect

• protect me from my friends I can handle my enemies
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 11:54:59 AM »
I have not hunted the area but am always up for a hunt. If you'd like a partner to back your incredibly true finds and stories, I got your back. Also got a super secret location that is virgin land and so busy throughhe early 40s and ever since with incredible history. Only thing is it is private property..... but I think I have a really good shot since my mom has been loyal renter of this property for 8 years and always made good impressions on this mystery man I believe I could get the big "YES". Who's in?

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 11:39:51 PM »
I'm in send me a message.  Sorry didn't reply earlier had family medical issues

Offline Winter Kumquat

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 02:26:26 PM »
there was also a  p.o.w. camp  at Farragut state park in Idaho.

I used to detect out at Farragut about 15 years ago.  The POW Camp was one of the first places I hit.  I did find a crushed Fire Bucket out there just sitting on the surface.  

Unfortunately, after the POW camp, camp a sawmill.  So there was lots of metal banding, nails, and I even found a piece of what the Ranger thinks was sewer pipe.  I went out there last week to look around and scope out places to go, but I got told now that you have to pay to detect?? 

I always kept in touch with the Park Rangers out there who had only requested that anything of historical significance or whole floor tiles, so they could be put in the brig museum to be put on display.  Guess things change in 15 years. I haven't spoken to the Rangers out there yet.  Last time I was out there, we brought a hat of tiles in, like requested, and the clerk just dumped them on a back counter, destroying most of them.  

Users Online Users Online (13)
Members roustabout
Members Google (2)
Members Baidu (2)